TACTICAL | OPERATIONAL PLANNING PROCESS (TOPP) TROOP'S COURSE
The Operations Order is a command and control mission planning format used within the military and police units in high risk situations. With the increasing deployment of military and police assets to public safety and emergency response situations, there is an identified gap between the standard Operations Order format and the civilian Incident Command System for emergency response.
This course covers the Operations Orders structure and is a bridging course for those who normally operate under the Incident Command System (ICS). This course will help professionals gain familiarity with a tactical command and control system and how it relates within the ICS. It introduces the tactical Operations Order format designed for the civil nature of high risk operations; introduces the Personnel Leading Procedures and how they apply to the deliberate and hasty planning cycles; covers planning considerations in order to identify all aspects of the given scenario in the civil environment.
Upon completion of this course students will be able to better execute taskings organized in an Operation Order.
- Understand the Importance of a Standardized Mission Folder
- Understand the Importance of a Standardized Briefing Format
- Understand the Format of the Operations Order
- Understand and the Eight Personnel Leading Procedures
- Identify All Aspects of a Given Scenario in Order to execute a Complete Plan