This course assumes completion of DSTO (or equivalent LE / MIL / other agency training) and covers advanced techniques for multiple teams operating in a dismounted role within austere or non-permissive environments. Fundamentals will be drawn and built upon based on current special operation forces doctrine. This is a live fire skills rehearsal and confirmation where the 2 days will be spent running students through multi-team executive/close protection principles. DSTO.CAT covers the roles and responsibilities of the Counter Action Teams and elements of QRF. Low-light and no-light training may be required. This is an add-on rating to the DSTO.
- Sequence of Events for Planning a Dismounted Multi-Team Movement
- Team Roles & Responsibilities
- Elements Common to all Dismounted Multi-Team Movements
- Movement Formations and breaking contact with VIP utilizing Counter Action Team
- Movement to Contact with Counter Action Team and Quick Reaction Force
- Engaging with Multiple Contacts
- Breaking contact with multi-team approach
- Control Bleeding, Tourniquet application (TBD)
- Dressing application, Wound Packing (TBD)
- Clothing appropriate for the weather and climate conditions of the day. These are physically demanding days so clothing appropriate for hard use is recommended. Tactical pants, shirts and jackets are recommended. Ball cap or appropriate headwear.
- Appropriate footwear. Tactical boots, hiking shoes, or outdoor sneakers are recommended.
- Eye, Ear and Glove protection
- Knee pads
- First Line belt or Riggers Belt recommended
- Second Line Rig. Chest Rig recommended
- Body armour, or plate carrier and other PPE as utilized operationally.
- Mag pouch to hold 3-4+ pistol mags
- Pistol holster (SERPA or any index-finger actuated holster NOT PERMITTED)
- Modern semi-automatic pistol
- Modern semi-automatic rifle
- Minimum 400 reliable rounds for pistol (frangible desired)
- Minimum 600 reliable rounds for rifle (frangible desired)
- IFAK, TQ (CATs or SOFT-TW recommended), Olaes bandage and Chest Seal. We will have complete kits for purchase on site
- Repair and spare kit, multi-tools, CLP
- Paper, Pen and Stuff (PPnS)
- Hydration, Nutrition
- Face mask, gloves, disinfectant wipes/gel/spray for personal use.
Please contact us email@example.com if you are deficient in your kit.