The Shotgun Essentials and Tactics course is designed with for users with some previous experience and covers the tactical shotgun principles, skills, and culture required to be successful with it. The course also aims to expand the abilities of the shooter and focus on creating the foundation of an operationally employable skillset such as law enforcement, hunting, or even competitive shooting.
This course covers the following:
- Range safety
- Range standing orders (rules)
- Principles of tactical shooting (didactic)
- Tactical shotgun handling, stoppages
- Reloading and Carriage considerations
- Ammunition Loadout considerations
- Shot Patterning
- Penetration Demonstration
- Static shooting
- Walking turns
- Positional shooting
- Shooting on the move
- Shooting on the clock (skills)
- Unorthodox shooting positions and use of cover
- Considerations in isolated and non-permissive environments
- Clothing appropriate for the weather and climate conditions of the day. These are physically demanding days so clothing appropriate for hard use is recommended. Tactical pants, shirts and jackets are recommended. Ball cap or appropriate headwear.
- Appropriate footwear. Tactical boots, hiking shoes, or outdoor sneakers are recommended.
- Eye, Ear and Glove protection
- Knee pads
- First Line belt or Riggers Belt recommended
- Second Line Rig. Chest Rig recommended
- Body armour, or plate carrier and other PPE as utilized operationally.
- Modern shotgun
- Minimum 500 rounds birdshot
- Minimum 100 rounds 00 buck
- IFAK, TQ (CAT or SOFTTW recommended), Olaes bandage and Chest Seal. We will have complete kits for purchase on site
- Repair and spare kit, multi-tools, CLP
- Paper, Pen and Stuff (PPnS)
- Hydration, Nutrition
- Face mask, gloves, disinfectant wipes/gel/spray for personal use.
Please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org if you are deficient in your kit.