SF Tactical Shooting Package 1 - Rifle
This is the first course in a graduated program aimed to provide participants, with no previous experience, an introduction to tactical shooting principles, skills, and culture that they will need in order to progress to SFTP2 and SFTP3.
This course covers the following:
- Range safety
- Range standing orders (rules)
- Principles of tactical shooting (didactic)
- Tactical weapons handling, stoppages
- Static shooting
- Considerations from a Close Protection perspective
- Principles of tactical trauma including Stop the Bleed® (Only at select venues)
The graduated SFTP program is a 3-stage approach to building core competency through training and experience within the individual. Participants will be evaluated after each package and provided with a recommendation for progression.
Optional specialty ratings such as DSTO and VTAC can be obtained after completion of the graduated SFTP program.
- Clothing appropriate for the weather and climate conditions of the day. These are physically demanding days so clothing appropriate for hard use is recommended. Tactical pants, shirts and jackets are recommended. Ball cap or appropriate headwear.
- Appropriate footwear. Tactical boots, hiking shoes, or outdoor sneakers are recommended.
- Eye, Ear and Glove protection
- Knee pads
- First Line belt or Riggers Belt recommended
- Second Line Rig. Chest Rig recommended
- Body armour, or plate carrier and other PPE as utilized operationally.
- Mag pouches to hold 3-6 rifle mags and 4 pistol mags
- Pistol holster (SERPA or any index-finger actuated holster NOT PERMITTED)
- Tactical rifle sling, no 3 pt
- Modern serviceable primary weapon. All types and calibers. No Prohibited firearms.
- Optics (red dot, HWS, magnified, or irons OK), sighted in at 50m. Need to know Height over Bore
- Weapon Mounted Light and IR Laser (optional), and Handheld
- Modern semi-automatic pistol.
- Minimum 800 reliable rounds for rifle (frangible desired)
- Minimum 400 reliable rounds for pistol (frangible desired)
- IFAK, TQ (CAT or SOFTTW recommended), Olaes bandage and Chest Seal. We will have complete kits for purchase on site
- Repair and spare kit, multi-tools, CLP
- Paper, Pen and Stuff (PPnS)
- Hydration, Nutrition
- Face mask, gloves, disinfectant wipes/gel/spray for personal use.
Please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org if you are deficient in your kit.