This is a compressed course that covers the essential topics in both SFTP2 and 3, parts of a graduated programme aimed to expand the tactical shooting ability of the shooter and focus on creating the foundation of an operationally employable skill set such as law enforcement or competition shooters.
This course covers the following:
- Range Safety & Standing orders (review)
- Principles of tactical shooting (review)
- Static shooting
- Standing turns
- Walking turns
- Positional shooting
- Shooting on the move
- Shooting on the clock (skills)
- Unorthodox shooting positions and use of cover
- Principles of tactical trauma (only at select venues)
The graduated SFTP programme is a 3-stage approach to building core competency through training and experience within the individual. Participants will be evaluated after each package and provided with a recommendation for progression.
Optional specialty ratings such as DSTO and VTAC can be obtained after completion of the graduated SFTP programme.
- Clothing appropriate for the weather and climate conditions of the day. These are physically demanding days so clothing appropriate for hard use is recommended. Tactical pants, shirts and jackets are recommended. Ball cap or appropriate headwear.
- Appropriate footwear. Tactical boots, hiking shoes, or outdoor sneakers are recommended.
- Eye, Ear and Glove protection
- Knee pads
- First Line belt or Riggers Belt recommended
- Second Line Rig. Chest Rig recommended
- Body armour, or plate carrier and other PPE as utilized operationally
- Mag pouches for 4 pistol mags
- Pistol holster (SERPA or any index-finger actuated holster NOT PERMITTED)
- Modern semi-automatic pistol
- Modern semi-automatic rifle
- Minimum 650 reliable rounds for pistol (frangible desired)
- Minimum 650 reliable rounds for rifle(frangible desired)
- IFAK, TQ (CATSor SOFTT recommended), Olaes bandage and Chest Seal. We will complete kits for purchase
- Repair and spare kit, multi-tools, CLP
- Paper, Pen and Stuff (PPnS)
- Hydration, Nutrition
Please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org if you are deficient in your kit.