This is a compressed course in a graduated programme aimed to expand the tactical shooting ability of the shooter and focus on creating the foundation of an operationally employable skill set such as law enforcement or competition shooters.
This course covers the following:
- Range Safety & Standing orders (review)
- Principles of tactical shooting (review)
- Static shooting
- Standing turns
- Walking turns
- Positional shooting
- Intro to shooting on the move
- Principles of tactical medicine (only at select venues)
The graduated SFTP programme is a 3-stage approach to building core competency through training and experience within the individual. Participants will be evaluated after each package and provided with a recommendation for progression.
Optional specialty ratings such as DSTO and VTAC can be obtained after completion of the graduated SFTP programme.
- Clothing appropriate for the weather and climate conditions of the day. These are physically demanding days so clothing appropriate for hard use is recommended. Tactical pants, shirts and jackets are recommended. Ball cap or appropriate headwear.
- Appropriate footwear. Tactical boots, hiking shoes, or outdoor sneakers are recommended.
- Eye, Ear and Glove protection
- Knee pads
- First Line belt or Riggers Belt recommended
- Second Line Rig. Chest Rig recommended
- Body armour, or plate carrier and other PPE as utilized operationally.
- Mag pouches to hold 3-6 rifle mags
- Tactical rifle sling, no 3 pt
- Modern serviceable primary weapon. All types and calibers. No Prohibited firearms.
- Optics (red dot, HWS, magnified, or irons OK), sighted in at 50m. Need to know Height over Bore
- Weapon Mounted Light and IR Laser (optional), and Handheld
- Minimum 800 reliable rounds for rifle (frangible desired)
- IFAK, TQ (CAT or SOFTTW recommended), Olaes bandage and Chest Seal. We will have complete kits for purchase on site
- Repair and spare kit, multi-tools, CLP
- Paper, Pen and Stuff (PPnS)
- Hydration, Nutrition
- Face mask, gloves, disinfectant wipes/gel/spray for personal use.
Please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org if you are deficient in your kit